The Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition (TUSC) has pledged its full support to the Northern March for the NHS organised by Health Campaigns Together, Keep Our NHS Public and other health campaigners across Yorkshire and the North on Saturday July 1st.
This is part of a series of protests and other events that have been organised to both celebrate the NHS and step up the campaigning that will be necessary to ensure it can beat the threats to its survival from the Tories – and Sir Keir Starmer’s Tony Blair-style New Labour!
The themes of the march set by the organisers are:
● An end to chronic underfunding of the NHS. Safe staffing levels. Inadequate funding leads to cuts in health care, treatments being withdrawn and longer waiting lists. Cuts and worsening employment conditions will exacerbate the recruitment crisis and fail to ensure staffing levels.
● The NHS needs funding: giving public money to profiteering private health is not a solution.
● Investment in the NHS, not private health. Stop the growth of a two-tier health service based upon the ability to pay.
● To offer support to all NHS health and social care workers fighting for better pay and conditions. We recognise their campaign isn’t just about pay but saving the health service we rely on.
● Pay justice for health and care staff.
The march assembles at 11am at Leeds Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 3AD, on Saturday 1st July.
For further details contact [email protected]