This privacy statement sets out how TUSC collects, uses, and protects any information you give TUSC, and what controls you have over its use.
TUSC is committed to protecting your privacy. You can review your Cookie preferences when you join our site by using the Cookie bar that appears at the bottom of the screen. We do not collect information from you unless you specifically provide it. If you request a service, for example to become a member of TUSC, we will ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website. In that case, this data will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TUSC is the data controller for the data we collect from component organisations, members, and subscribers to our mailing list. We collect the following information from individuals who wish to be members and be on the TUSC email list, and from organisations that want to become component organisations of TUSC:
- contact information including name, email, and address which are mandatory; and telephone numbers, trade union, political or other organisation (including college if a student) which are not;
- name and contact details of the organisation seeking to become a component organisation of TUSC.
When you provide us with this information via email to TUSC or our website, you agree to the collection and processing of this data for the purposes listed below.
How we use the information we collect
- To inform component organisations of meetings and activities of TUSC.
- To notify individuals on our mailing list of TUSC and our component organisations’ activities, events and news.
- To inform the component parts of TUSC, as appropriate, of the contact details of individual members and supporters of TUSC so those members and supporters can be informed of the existence and activities of those components (and their local branches where applicable).
- For internal record keeping.
- To get feedback, views and opinions of affiliates and members to inform our policy and practice.
Our website is hosted by an external company. Information that you submit to TUSC via a website enquiry form is held securely by our website supplier in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and accessed by TUSC officers only.
TUSC will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to unaffiliated third parties unless we have your permission.
TUSC is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. The TUSC officers hold your data under password-protected electronic systems. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not control that other website.
Therefore, TUSC cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites. This privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing [email protected]
You can request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email the TUSC National Agent at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This privacy statement may change. Please, therefore, remember to regularly refer back to this privacy statement to review any amendments.