TUSC will oppose all cuts to council jobs, services, pay and conditions. Reject increases in council tax, rent and service charges to compensate for government cuts. Vote against the privatisation of council jobs and services.
Or Text 'TUSC' and your name and postcode to 82055 to get involved.
What TUSC stands for:
THE Con-Dem government has inflicted five years of savage austerity on working class people. Unfortunately there is no prospect of this changing beyond the general election, as the leadership of the Labour Party has made it clear that a Labour government would not mean an end to austerity.
The Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition (TUSC) argues that working class people should not pay for a crisis that we did not cause. That was why TUSC was set up in 2010, co-founded by the late Bob Crow, to show that there is a clear left-wing alternative to policies of public sector cuts, privatisation, militarism and environmental degradation.
Our coalition, of trade unionists, community campaigners and socialists, is united on the need for mass resistance to the ruling class offensive, and for an alternative programme of left-wing policies to help inspire and direct such resistance. Here is our five-point pledge:
1. End cuts and austerity. For a democratic socialist society run in the interests of the millions not the billionaires.
2. Trade union rights to fight low pay. Â£10 an hour minimum wage now, scrap zero hour contracts.
3. A mass council home building programme and immediate introduction of rent controls.
4. Scrap student fees. Free education as a right for all.
5. For democratic public ownership of our NHS, railways, public services, utilities and banks.